Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lazy Day

Had a pretty quiet day. Went to bed late last night so we were all late getting up this morning. After getting Maia situated and finished with breakfast, I walked up to the street market. I wanted to dig through stuff at the second hand "store" there. Since we were going to come home during the waiting period, I didn't bring any clothes for Matthew. Wanted to know what size he wore before buying things (although I had picked up a few items before we left). I remembered him being small - knew that compared to Maia, holding Matthew was like nothing at all. And I was right. Most of the kids clothing at the orphanage doesn't have tags in it, but he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts the other day which we "92" - which translates to about a 2T in American sizes. The boy has some catching up to do! He is a little taller than Maia, but not much.
Anyway... we need to get a few things for him until we can get home and I can get him some clothes. Not a whole lot of selection, but I did find a few items that we will take to the ophanage tomorrow and try on Matthew. Interestingly, the clothes are sold by weight. So, I got 4 shirts and 2 pairs of shorts for 19.5uah or about $3.25. I also got him a pair of sandals for about $5 - shoes tend to be more expensive here. Figure if things don't fit, will just leave them at the orphanage.
Picked up some more sweet corn, nectarines, bananas, and potatoes at the market. Had the sweet corn for lunch and it was really good! Short nap this afternoon, then Maia and I went for a walk. It's pretty warm so we were only gone about 30 minutes. She doesn't seem to tolerate the heat any better than I do. Came home, fixed dinner, and washed some clothes (by hand - I will be SOOO glad to use my washing machine again). Now, ready for bed.
We'll visit Matthew tomorrow morning and may go out to dinner with the Mickschls tomorrow evening. Today was Mark's (Mickschl) birthday - wishes for a wonderful year! I have to say that it really has been a blessing having them here at the same time as we are. We haven't spent a lot of time together, but usually catch up for a few minutes at the orphanage and talk via phone daily. Just having that contact with others who speak the same language and share this journey, Christian faith as well as a heart for the orphan is wonderful! Thank you for your prayers for their daughter Morgan - she was diagnosed with tonsilitis and is now on an antibiotic. Finally starting to feel better today.
That's about all for tonight. We're starting to count down the days. Flight home is booked (don't even get me started on that mess - may share more later) for July 23. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill