Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Update and a little bit of a roller coaster ride

I had hoped to post an update on Monday, but it just didn't happen...

Our consultation at the international adoption clinic went very well. We took information that we had regarding several special needs kids so that we could ask questions and get input about their needs.  The physician that we met with was awesome!  She is a Korean adoptee so had personal insight for us as well as general information as well. I won't bore you with all of the details, but we had a LOT to talk about on the drive home.

At the end of the day, we decided that there were a couple options that we wanted to seriously consider. One of those options involved a beautiful little girl on RR. I had already made a few inquiries about her (as well as some other RR cuties) and had been waiting for our consultation before we went any further. Tuesday saw a flurry of emails flying back and forth between Andrea (at RR) and me. She had obtained some additional information for us that was very positive! I was starting to feel a little excitement that maybe we would be  making a commitment to bring this precious child home. But... God has other plans for her - another family had been considering her as well and when they received this additional information yesterday, they committed to become her forever family. So... I am VERY happy that she will soon have a mommy and daddy to tuck her in at night. That is more important than anything - however, the tears are flowing and my heart is aching a little bit, too because it won't be us.

I'm in the process of making some inquiries about the other options that we are considering. I apologize for being very vague right now. Because of our schedules this week, Mark and I have not had the opportunity to really talk about next steps and it will probably be late this weekend before we get the chance to do so. If you want more specifics, feel free to contact us privately - I'm just not quite ready to share everything here on the blog yet, but yes... more will be coming - hopefully, soon!

Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. little madeline looks like a love! she is my favorite. and no one is taking her home. maybe she is waiting for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Email me if you get time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now know how to pray for you!

    It's so hard, but down the road when you're tucking in YOUR child at night, you'll look back at the little one who found her family this week and thank Jesus. You'll see His plan and say, "Wow, no doubt He knew what He was doing. This child I'm tucking in is NO DOUBT my child."

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill