Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Control issues and adoption

We all have our weaknesses, don't we? I am going to be very honest about one of my weaknesses (ok, we all know that I have a food weakness, but that's not the one I am talking about - lol!).

I think I have shared about this before, but I have control issues... I feel like I can deal with just about anything as long as I have an idea of where I am going and what to expect. So... as you can imagine, the uncertainty associated with the adoption process is very difficult for me. Depending on the path one chooses, there is only so much that is within our control.

I do trust that God sees the big picture and that He is in control. He knows the path far better than I do. It's not that I doubt that. There are times when I pray for some glimpse of what the future holds for Mark and I (and our family). I do feel like it is maybe different than we planned when we first started this journey last year. I also realize that I am not very good at being quiet and listening for God to speak to me. I really need to work on that - maybe I would have a clearer picture of what lies ahead if I would stop for a minute (or hour or day) to really hear what He is saying.  Some day, I'm sure I will look back and say, "Aha - I can see how God was connecting the dots when I couldn't see it."

We are making a few inquiries and I hope to share with everyone soon - just to keep you all in suspense!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you're right...it takes being quiet and really listening. And hindsight is 20/20. You will be shocked to see God's hand in all this!

    P.S. I have food issues and control issues too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried laying out a fleece to God? If you don't know what I mean email me.

    Your trying to drive me crazy aren't you???

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill