Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Our high school talk

As I mentioned in my last post, Mark and I were asked to speak to a high school class yesterday about our adoption. I prayed yesterday morning that God would guide our talk with the class in whatever way He felt was right. So... we arrived at the school and Shelby took us to her classroom. We met her teacher who was very nice and were introduced to the students. There were about 25 kids, about 75% boys. At first, it seemed like time was going pretty slow. Although there was no minimum time, we'd been told we could have the whole period (about 50 minutes) if we needed it and I was wondering if 15 minutes was going to be too much - lol! 

As with any high school group, there were definitely kids with that glazed over look in their eyes. But, we had a few kids who were definitely engaged, asking questions, nodding their heads, etc. All of a sudden, the teacher said "We've only got 2 minutes left."  We had to finish questions after the class. One sweet girl came up and told us that if she was pregnant, she would ask us to raise her baby. What a special moment that was - it touched my heart deeply!

We may never know the impact (if any) of our talk, but I believe and trust that there was a purpose in us being in that classroom yesterday to speak with that specific group of kids. If nothing else, I enjoyed it immensely and would do it again if I had the chance.

1 comment:

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill