Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Situational ADD?

I'm pretty sure I have it!  Now before anyone blasts me about what's like to have ADD or a child with ADD, no... I am not trying to make any comparisons or make light of a challenging condition. So, take this post as it's meant to be - a little bit of poking fun at myself.

My mind is going in about a thousand different directions right now. I start on one project and in the middle of that, think about something else that I need to and head off to tackle the next task - leaving the first one uncompleted. Things to add to my packing or "to-do" list come to mind when I am nowhere near a piece of paper to jot them down. Do you think I can remember what they are when I have access to paper? Nope!

I am emotional. (Ok well, Mark will tell you that I am always emotional - lol), but I find myself thinking about our little one and the tears start to well up. Realistically, I know that those first few meetings will not be the utopia we see in greeting card commercials or happily ever after movies. But, I can't wait to see their face, touch them, laugh, play - KNOW that they are coming home with us - now part of a forever family that already loves and cherishes them. If all goes well, in less than 2 weeks - we will have met our little one and the precious people who are caring for them. It is amazing!

5 comments:

  1. I think that should just be called New Mom ADD because man I think every new mom goes through that.

    Oh, I can't wait to see pictures of your holding your child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THEM? THEY? THEIR?

    These are words you used. Are TWO little ones coming home????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you. Mostly just emotional (which I am not typically), but definitely a bit flight too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way!! When I know I have a lot of things to accomplish, I have a lot of trouble focusing on just one of them.

    I can't wait until you get to meet your babies!

    Kayla
    http://bebrandnew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that you continue to hear good news. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill