Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, November 6, 2010

All of a sudden.... it hit me!

This morning, I went to work out and afterwards stopped at a children's consignment store. I picked up a couple of things for our trip - one outfit I am particularly excited about! Then, headed to the grocery store and it suddenly just became so real to me... I am going to be a mom! In 23 days, we are going to have information about our little one and meet them for the first time shortly after that. It's a very emotional feeling and I can't wait!! I know it won't all be smiles and giggles and hugs, but that's ok.

Figuring out airfare and a "to-do list" today. If anyone has suggestions for packing, etc - I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. Melanie, We are packing all clothes in the X-large ziplock bags and also the vacuum bags. Once filled with clothes, you just squeeze out the air and viola, you have tons more room in your bag. Also, we are taking our court clothes in the carry-on and not in a checked bag. That way we have them even if the checked bag gets lost. We are also packing a couple of water bottles and snacks in the checked bag in case we do not get to the store until the next day. A few snacks will also go into the carry-on.

    23 days is not long! I'm so happy for you!!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As little as possible, really. You have to move lugage so many times. Hand wash clothes. One nice outfit - I wore mine on the plane. Wipers of some kind or another. Something to do - I took three books. Medicines and personal care products - but there are limits on how much liquid stuff you can carry, and take all meds in the original packaging. Little to nothing for the kid/kids. Plan to buy stuff in the region, they will make nice mementos later. Camera. Complete copies of dossier in each suitcase. Your best attitude. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not the one to talk to about packing at all because I always over pack. I would say if you can do laundry there though don't pack anymore than you need to.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill