Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday's news

Starting off today's post with some sad news. The little boy I blogged about last week, asking for your prayers... he's in a better place now. I ask for your prayers for his parents, other family, and friends. It's hard to comprehend how something like this could happen. Pray for the person who made the error, too. His/her pain must be unbelievable as well. Although things like this don't make any sense to us, God can see that bigger picture - it makes sense to Him. I don't say that as a platitude. Losing a child is a pain that I won't pretend to understand. I don't believe that my miscarriage was the same thing. Losing my spouse was not the same thing. But... I've lived through some pretty dark days. Times when I begged God to give me a miracle, begged Him to undo what had been done. Or begged Him to take me, too. And although it doesn't take away the pain, I can look back and see how God created beauty from ashes. I am grateful every day for His blessings in my life - He has given me opportunities and treasures that I would never have experienced if I hadn't went through the pain. So... pray that there will be beauty that comes from the loss that we can't understand.

I verified that our immigration application has been received by the USCIS in Texas. We are hearing that they are very "backed up" in the approval process. I'm praying for the impossible - that things will move quickly for us - even though it seems like there is no hope for that.

Amanda has reviewed what we have of our dossier documents so far. We will probably need to have our employment letters re-done if our immigration application isn't approved quickly. I am missing some information on my medical clearance. I think there was maybe one or two other things. As much of a perfectionist as I am, I was hoping we wouldn't need any revisions. Oh, well. Gives me something to do, right?

Enjoyed a few hours with Tasha today - a little shopping, lunch, and a movie. And my sweet hubby is off work for the rest of the week, getting ready for the annual Fly-In at Cherry Grove Airpark. So, I get a little extra time with him as well. It's a BUSY week at work so I'm sure that will keep me out of trouble! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill