Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, August 20, 2010

On it's way!

Our I-600A application is on it's way to Texas - yippee!!  What else to do right now? I have ordered some DVDs to help us learn Russian. Yes, we ARE traveling to Ukraine. But some of the regions speak Russian more commonly than Ukrainian. So, we have been advised to learn Russian. I've heard that it is a difficult language to learn. The DVDs that I ordered are specifically to help adoptive parents learn to communicate with their children. I would also like to learn enough that we can function adequately while traveling.

I've been thinking about things around the house. Should we start toddler proofing? Maybe we should paint the bedroom - yes, Mark... I know you are NOT excited about doing that! Yesterday I went to a garage sale that was advertised as a day care going out of business. Thought that would be a great place to pick up a few things cheaply. Even if they weren't age appropriate, I wouldn't spend a lot of money. Not to be mean... but if the items that were being sold was all they had for the day care kids, it's no wonder they were going out of business. I got there about 5 minutes before it officially opened, but maybe they had people who cleaned them out earlier.

Mark and I still have some educational modules to complete for our agency. Learning about specific issues related to kids who have spent their lives (so far) in an institutional setting. Sometimes, it's a little scary. We've heard the horror stories. We know it won't be easy. I want to be as prepared as possible. That being said, is anyone EVER fully ready to be a parent? I doubt it. But, I want to at least have a tentative plan for bonding/attachment issues.

Have you looked at the link I posted a couple days ago about the little boy fighting for his life? Things are not looking good, please keep this family in your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill