Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Making a list... Checking it twice

No, it's not Christmas quite yet. Really the only thing I want for Christmas this year is to have our little one(s) home. But, that's not the list I'm talking about.

I like to be organized. I often fail miserably, but I prefer to be on top of things. Yes... as previously noted in my posts about control issues - lol! We are starting to compile the documents needed for our dossier. This is the paperwork that is presented to the Ukraine government in support of our request for referral of a child. I decided that I needed a checklist of the required documents. So today, I updated our checklist. Although things aren't moving quite as quickly as I would like, we are making progress.

We should have the draft of our home study tomorrow so that we can make any corrections and get it finalized. About A Child will review it as well to make sure that it looks good for our dossier. A copy will get sent with our application to the USCIS asking for approval to bring a child into the US. Please pray that this process goes quickly. We would like to get our dossier sent by the middle of September asking for an appointment in October.

Only waiting on a couple of other items. We need employment verification letters from both of our companies. Got those requests in today. Mark's doctor is working on his medical clearance letter. I will be talking to my doctor tomorrow about mine.

We also have to grant authority to a facilitator who will work in Ukraine on our behalf. And write a formal request for an appointment with the SDA (the adoption authority within the Ukraine government). Once we have all of those documents completed, we will get each item notarized. Then, will have to take them to the department of state for "apostille." It's basically the secretary of state verifying that they are legitimate. After that is finished, they will be on their way to Ukraine.

Little one - we ARE coming!!

1 comment:

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill