Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I ran home at lunch today to see if the letter from our county court had arrived. YIPPEE! It was in the mail so I got that faxed to our home study agency this afternoon. They will be able to get our home study to Amanda (the Ukraine coordinator with our adoption agency) so that she can review it. I'm saying prayers that will happen tomorrow. The original copy of the letter is in overnight mail so they will have it tomorrow. Amanda said that she will make every effort to review our home study the day she receives it. When she gives the ok, our I-600A application asking for approval to bring home a child(ren) can be mailed along with my request asking them to expedite our application. So... if all goes well, it should be on it's way to Dallas early next week!! Then, we wait for our fingerprinting appointment and official letter of approval.

As of about 4:30pm today, I'm pretty sure that I have gathered all the documents needed for our dossier. There are still some to be signed and notarized. Depending on how quickly we get our USCIS approval, we may have to request new employment verification letters - but hopefully not! I scanned everything I have so far and will be emailing that to Amanda for review tonight.

I am thankful that we are making progress! I suppose in some ways, it's similar to being pregnant. This is a time of preparation. There is training that we need to complete for our agency. The needs of a child who have been institutionalized are different than most children. It's important that we understand some of those issues - bonding, trust, attachment, developmental delays. So... I am thankful for this time of preparation. Will we be fully prepared? No. But, that's no different than parenthood the old fashioned way.

On a non-adoption related note, the weather is not so enjoyable. Heat, humidity, not my favorite things! Central air conditioning is definitely a blessing these days!

And I'm thankful for a nice day at work. I was able to leave at the end of the day feeling like I had accomplished everything that was vital. The rest can wait until tomorrow (or next week). I'm going to relax this evening for a few hours - what a treat - maybe catch up on a few emails.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill