Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

What I am MOST thankful for is that I have survived the last 2 days. Ok, I know that sounds slightly dramatic... However, there has been a lot riding on this trip. Part of the requirements for my training are 2 trips to the University of Alabama - Birmingham (UAB) for onsite testing and workshops. This trip included a standardized patient examination that is consistent with what is required for medical students and is "pass/fail." The outcome determines one's eligibility to begin residency training next semester. I completed my exam and written paperwork yesterday, but didn't get my results until today and yes, I passed! Thank you to all of my friends and family who prayed for me - I know God was listening. The stress associated with this was huge and I am really just "fried" tonight - feel like my brain is absolute mush. I think I will allow myself a little time to relax before starting to study for Tuesday's exam.

It was wonderful to see the friends/fellow students who are in this program with me. I met many of them last November when I was in Birmingham for the first time. Having the opportunity to visit reinforced that we are all feeling stressed and overwhelmed with school. We were able to offer each other some much needed moral support before saying farewell this afternoon.

I've stayed in the same bed and breakfast both trips and I am thankful for the comfort and hospitality at Cobb Lane B&B. I stayed in the Periwinkle Room this time and it really was a haven for me at the end of the day.

I'm looking forward to flying back to Minnesota tomorrow morning - haven't seen my hubby and kitties since Monday night. Besides, a girl with hair as straight and fine as mine is just doesn't do well in this southern humidity - lol!! Even maximum hold hairspray was no help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill