Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Yep - it's that time again!

1. First of all this week, I am thankful for Mark. Yes, I know I am thankful for him almost every week. My reasons to be thankful for him change, though. As I listen to others interact with their spouses or complain about how their spouse treats them - I know that I have much to be thankful for. I have never felt belittled or disrespected by my wonderful husband, I think we really value each other as people. Even when there are things that we have differing opinions about, he encourages me to share my opinions and takes them into consideration. We almost always come to a compromise we can both agree on. He is considerate of my feelings - even though he is a "guy" and doesn't quite get the "emotional" component of being a female. Bottom line - I think he is terrific!

2. Next, I am thankful for my co-worker and friend, Jo. She actually deserves dual listing on Thankful Thursday and Fabulous Friend Friday, but since Thursday comes first... she is here today. Jo and I share an office (actually, it's more of a closet) and she makes coming to work fun. She listens when I need to vent, encourages me, shares joys and sorrow. She is a tender hearted, compassionate person who is the epitome of caring - not only to humans, but animals as well. Jo has a beautiful laugh and a beautiful soul and I am glad she is part of my life.

3. I'm also thankful for getaways. As Mark posted about earlier this week, we spend last weekend in northern Minnesota with Betsy (Mark's sister) and Tim (Betsy's boyfriend). The weather was beautiful, we got to ride the 4-wheelers a little bit, enjoy nature (although I could have skipped the bugs), and watch some great fireworks. Plus, we were able to stay in a beautiful log home. It was a nice trip - in spite of the tire issues on the way home which reminds me...

4. I am thankful for the kindness of strangers and God's protection. The first time that our trailer tire blew, we were just past an exit ramp so Mark was able to back up and get off the road easily. When it blew for the second time, he was able to pull off the highway on a county road. A sheriff's deputy stopped to check if we were all right. Because of everything we had on the trailer (4-wheelers, dirt bike, generator), we knew we couldn't leave the trailer sit where it was overnight. So, we got everything moved to a nearby farm where they were kind enough to let our things sit until Mark could get a new tire Monday morning. It was much appreciated! With all the holiday traffic on our way home, both incidents could have resulted in an unsafe situation. So, I am thankful that God kept us safe!

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill