Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday

A couple things came to mind today as I was considering what to post about.

1. My SIL - Cheryl who recently came to visit. This is Bob's sister and we have remained close. She lives in California and just spent a couple weeks back here in Minnesota. It was nice to spend some time with her.

2. My clinical site - I wrapped up my second semester of NP clinical hours this week. I have been working with several physicians in Fairmont (about 2 hours from here). Perry is the "mid-level" (NP/PA) supervisor and he coordinates my clinical time. When I first contacted him last year he said, "Yes, we can work with you and you will be amazed by how flexible we are." It was so encouraging to hear those words! The nurses that I work with are AWESOME, especially Caroline, Donna, Judy, Monica, and Stephanie - they have allowed me to get to know them and become part of the team. The providers that I work with have also been great. One in particular is a wonderful educator and mentor. He challenges me to learn and think while reminding me of the importance of developing relationships with the patient/family. I know that I will be a better NP because of the time that I have spent working with the whole group. I am very thankful for their willingness to precept a "green" student!

3. The chance to adopt - What more can I say about that? Mark and I are appreciative of this journey that we are on - and look forward to the day we will become parents. It is a privilege to have this opportunity.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill