Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sweet Saturday and some pics

It has been a really nice day! Mark and I had planned to go to the cabin, but I was really feeling like I had too much to do at home. I had an appointment this morning that I didn't feel like I could cancel so we decided we will go next weekend.

As we sat in the hot tub, about 6 blue jays flew into the back yard. I've never seen that many together at once. Here is a female sitting on top of the bird feeder on our deck.



This afternoon, we drove to Harmony, Minnesota to look for some furniture to replace a few items we lost a couple of years ago during the flooding. I wanted to go to an Amish furniture store that I like and Mark wanted to visit an Amish furniture maker who made some beautiful pieces for our family room. We spent a lazy afternoon, enjoying the time together, trying to decide what we wanted. The photo below is the "sofa table" that we came home with - if you look closely, you can see Vivien hiding behind the African violet on the right.



As I was downloading the pics from my camera to the computer, I came across a couple others to share with you. The first is Mark as the "World's Largest Munchkin and Proud Member of the Lollipop Guild." You may remember this from the Wizard of Oz. Mark won "Best Costume" at our town's annual Festival in the Park Belly Flop Contest last year. Life with parents like us will not be boring or mundane, that's for sure!

And here's a picture of our motorhome. It spends summers at the cabin so that we have a hot shower and guest house for anyone that would like to visit. We love to have company!!



So... my day was not very productive. I'm trying to get ready to leave for Birmingham, AL on Tuesday morning (a big part of my reason for hesitating to go to the cabin) and have a lot of studying that I need to get done in the meantime. My intent was to stay home and be productive today. Oh, well. Instead, I had a wonderful time with my terrific hubby! I'll be more disciplined tomorrow - lol!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill