Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday




1. Grandparents - The above picture is of us with Mark's family including Grandma Hansen on her 96th birthday (2 years ago). Mark is holding his nephew Gavin, his younger sister Betsy is on the left, older sister Sandy is on the right. Growing up I was quite close to my maternal grandparents. They were a strong influence in my life and I think that my passion for working with the elderly is a direct result of the time that I spent with them. My grandparents have been gone for quite a while now. When I joined Mark's family, I was blessed to gain 2 grandmothers - both beautiful, strong women. From what I've heard about Mark's grandfathers, they were also amazing men. Grandma Paulson passed away a couple of years ago, but Grandma Hansen is still with us. I'm hopeful that our child will be able to meet her. I'm thankful that our child(ren) will be blessed with terrific grandparents as well.
2. Consignment Stores - I am a bargain shopper. Paying full price for clothes and purses is something I avoid if possible. I want to look good and I like quality clothes, so why not take advantage of cheaper prices to afford better items (and more of them)? In addition, I can consign the things I don't want anymore. Then, I receive a check or credit to spend at the store. There is a plus size consignment store that I like to frequent. I dropped off some clothes this morning and picked up a couple "new to me" outfits as well.
3. Progress - Mark had his individual visit with our social worker on Monday. My visit was today. We talked about childhood, what activities we were involved in, what our upbringing was like, things we appreciated, things we want to do differently, values we want to teach our child. I can see where it is important for Becky (SW) to get to know us better and have a good idea of who we are and where we came from. Next, we meet as a couple again to talk about "us." We are making progress as we travel on this journey to build our family.
4. A break - I am off work this week. Due to the holiday, no clinicals either. It has been a wonderful, much needed breather for me! I've still had school and homework, but I've also been able to relax and enjoy time with my sweet hubby. I feel a little bit refreshed and rejuvinated - and very thankful for this time!!
What are you thankful for this Thursday? Those of you out there reading my blog are thankful for something, aren't you? I'd love to hear what it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill