Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

What's on your list for today??

  • First, I am thankful for healing. Maia's most recent surgical incision is nearly healed. It has been six weeks. A far cry from the surgical incisions in February that kept getting larger and looking worse as we tried to get people to listen when we knew things weren't right.
  • Thankful for nights that are cool enough that we can have the windows open and cozy blankets on the bed to snuggle up in.
  • I'm thankful for God's provision. Even though I am sometimes often guilty of wanting more, He has given me more than I need and more than I deserve. "Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" - Matthew 6:26
  • Thankful that God sees the big picture even when I do not. Sometimes, I wonder what His purpose is in certain situations we are dealing with and why He chose Mark and I to be part of them. But, His plan is perfect. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." – Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill