Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I should have at least started this post this morning. There were two things that I wanted to make sure I included on my list. Now that it's the end of the day, do you think I can remember them? Sigh... Oh, well. There are always things to be thankful for!
  • One of the neat things about my new job assignment is that I cover the health care center at the convent in town. So, it is for retired nuns who are no longer able to live independently. One day a week, I get to visit the convent. The grounds are beautiful and the building is also just a serene place. It is a pleasure to be able to spend a little time there and feel the peace that comes over me.
  • As Mark mentioned the other day, the kids have a "new" trampoline, thanks to our dear friends Tasha, Jeanne, and Ken. They love it and what a great way to burn off some extra energy!
  • Maia finally has a break from doctor's appointments. She had a follow up with neurosurgery last week. Although her incisions aren't healing as well as the doctor would like, they don't need to see her back for a couple of months. Aside from a dentist appointment next week, she doesn't have to see a doctor until mid-June! She's pretty much rebounded and I'm so thankful for God's healing of our sweet girl. Now, if He could do something about the temper tantrums we've seen lately - I'd be really happy - lol. ;-)
  • I'm thankful that God can see the bigger picture when I can't. There are times when I feel a lot little overwhelmed with some of the issues we are dealing with related to the kids. But, nothing is a surprise to my heavenly Father and He is in control - not me. He is big enough to handle anything that comes our way. 
  • I'm thankful that tomorrow is Friday! Looking forward to a little get-a-way with my sweet hubby on Saturday night. And thankful to Nana and Papa who are watching the kids for us.
What's on your list today??

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill