Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful Thursday

First, I'm thankful for health. Saw my surgeon yesterday - everything looks good and I was given clearance to go back to work. Am I thankful to go back to work? Weeeellllll, I can't say that I would complain if Mark told me that I could be a housewife. However, I am thankful that I am able to work. Besides, I am excited about my new job and thankful for the opportunity to care for the elderly. Being a nurse practitioner in a nursing home has been my dream for many years.

Second, I am thankful for this time that I have had to recuperate and rejuvenate. I may have mentioned that in a previous Thankful Thursday post so forgive me if I am repeating. It has been a much needed physical and mental health break. And I am thankful that my supervisor at work was generous in allowing me to have this time off, knowing that I would only be back for a few days before transitioning to my new job.

Lastly (for today anyway), I am thankful for ice cream! I had an oh, so yummy amaretto ice cream with brownies, carmel, hot fudge, and pecans this afternoon. Talk about indulgence!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill