Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So not a good patient

As I have shared before, I have control issues. And as I shared in my last post, I am not a good patient. If I am sick for more than a couple of days, I get cranky. I would probably get well quicker if I wasn't pushing the limits. Instead of resting, I want to be going places, getting things done, crossing items off my to-do list, doing things for others. I don't like to be slowed down by a body that isn't cooperating with me.  It makes me feel week and ineffectual.

As I was sitting here this morning thinking - well, really whining to myself (and God) about how I wanted to feel better NOW, I felt like He was telling me to slow down and think about my priorities. That there is a purpose to this time of rest.

A bible verse came to mind and I'm paraphrasing... "God's strength is made perfect in MY weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9. For the past few years (and most of my life), I have been so busy trying to demonstrate my own knowledge, competence, ability to be on top of everything, etc. that I have not allowed God's strength to work. As usual, I'm trying to maintain control instead of turning things over to Him - the one who knows ALL things, the one who IS in control, who has a plan for my life - a plan that exceeds anything I can imagine. That seems pretty arrogant to think that I know better than God, doesn't it?

So... maybe (ok, not maybe - definitely), I need to allow myself to be weak for a change. I need to give up control to "the ONE" who has my back, the great physician and healer. Perhaps I should use this time to allow God to be the strong one instead of me...

1 comment:

  1. That's right! You have been running yourself crazy with school and soon ;) I just know God will be running you crazy with a house full of little ones so take this time God has given you to relax.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill