Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Finally...

It was a good weekend!  That sounds wrong...I don't mean finally...it was a good weekend like my weekends have been bad. But, this weekend??

I took my last final on Friday. School is finished!!  Unbelievable!  I still have my certification exam to take - probably towards the end of June or beginning of July, but school is done! There were times that I thought this day would never come, times that I wanted to quit, and have a life again - see friends again. But, I made it. As of next Saturday, I will have a master's degree in nursing. And the ability to think about things other than school.

I'll start studying for my certification exam soon, but decided to take a short mental health break before then. Mark offered to take me out to celebrate, but all I wanted to do was stay home and spend some time with him. It was so nice!  Yesterday, we ran errands together - something I haven't felt good about doing in a long time. Last night, we went out for dinner with friends - I could do that without feeling guilty about neglecting schoolwork.

Today, we took a quick trip up to the cabin. It survived the winter well. I was able to get a little cleaning done while Mark mowed the lawn and collected wood ticks. He accumulated at least 5 during the course of the day.

Chocolate chip pancakes for dinner tonight - what more could a girl ask for?  Life is good!  BTW - I sure hope our child loves chocolate chip pancakes as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill