Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Yep - it's that time of the week again! What are you thankful for today?


#1 - Snow - Not a great picture, but it snowed earlier this week. Here's what our deck looked like as the snow was falling. It melted quickly, but I love snow!! Don't like driving in it, but that's ok.
#2 - God's encouragement - It has been a tough week. I haven't done as well as I would have liked on a couple of tests and I've been pretty discouraged. Now for those of you know me well enough to be shaking your head at my "not as well as I would have liked" comment - seriously, I did not do well. I have been filled with self-doubt about my ability to be a good nurse practitioner, wondered if the self-induced stress of school is worth it. I miss spending time with my hubby, my friends, my family... I've been at the breaking point lately. Yet, in the midst of the struggle, if I stop long enough I can hear God's encouragement. "I don't care what grade you got on your exam, so you weren't perfect, it doesn't matter. I love you anyway." What a great reminder for me personally and as I think about becoming a parent. God (parent) saying to me (child), "So you weren't perfect... I love you ANYWAY!" That is such an important message. Doesn't mean that I don't have to try, doesn't mean that I can give anything less than my best effort - but love is accepting of imperfection. And even more important - love encourages!!
#3 - A few minutes with my hubby - Mark has an extra run tonight and will be leaving with another load as soon as he gets back to work. Fortunately for me, our house is kind of on his way back to work so he is stopping in for a quick shower and peck on the cheek. I'll be happy to see him!
#4 - My brother - 36 years ago today, my brother Jacob was born. If you ask him, he will probably tell you all about what a rotten sister I was. Picking on him, blaming him for things I did, generally making his life miserable. He might even tell you a story about a sister who kicked him in the shin hard enough to warrant an ER visit (yes, there is more to the story than he would tell). Fortunately, I have matured a little bit over those 36 years! Jacob and I are very different souls - and he is a terrific man! Today, I wish him a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill