Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Hmmm - what am I thankful for today?

1. I'm thankful that my first test in my Gerontology class is over. I took it this evening, don't know how I did yet. But, the first test in a class is always the worst because you don't know what to expect. So, I can breathe a little easier. Overall, I really like this class and the instructor - it reinforces that working with the elderly is what I want to do!

2. Along that same line, I am thankful for the opportunity to be in school - completing this master's degree. Wish I could say that I enjoy the work, but I can't go that far. However, I am blessed with a husband who supports my goal and has helped to make this a reality for me, as well as friends who provide encouragement and support when I am tired of the journey.

3. I will probably mention this in future Thankful Thursday posts, but I am really thankful that I am on the downhill stretch with school. I am finally starting to feel that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Graduation is in 217 days - not that I am counting or anything!

4. A family for 2 precious children... There is a beautiful little girl on Reese's Rainbow that I have been praying for, knowing that God had a family for her somewhere. Several months ago, I was so excited to see that a family had committed to bringing her home. This family made an even bigger commitment because they chose to bring home 2 children, "Annie" and a little boy named "Alan." Finding out that the adoptive family lives here in Minnesota made me even happier. There are 2 trips required for this country and the Enbergs are leaving this Saturday for the 2nd trip - finalizing the adoption and bringing the kids home. YAY - 2 less orphans in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill