Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, October 26, 2009

A Huge Thank You!

One of my projects for my gerontological nursing class this semester was to teach elementary age children about safety hazards for the elderly.

I contacted a private Lutheran school nearby and asked if they would be willing to have me talk to their students. I was thrilled when the administrator agreed.

So... today was the day and there are a few thank-you's to make!

1. Thank you to Grace Lutheran School and Patty for allowing me to visit the students today.

2. My co-workers provided some terrific ideas to incorporate into my teaching project and I am grateful for their input.

3. My wonderful husband and terrific mother-in-law were kind enough to be my assistants for today. Not only did they both do an awesome job with their groups of kids, it was nice to have a little "moral support," too!

This really turned out to be a fun project. We set up interactive stations for the kids to simulate what is is like to have vision and sensory impairments and talked about what they could do to help out their grandparents/older friends. I think they enjoyed the experience and I know I did.

So again, thank you to everyone who was part of this fun learning opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill