Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday Night Musings

Had a nice weekend - Mark worked on cleaning out the garage so that I can get my car in there. It's been a while... I wouldn't mind too much except with the weather getting colder, I'm not excited about scraping windows in the morning.



Yesterday, we went to church and our parenting class. It was a good class, talking about the influence that parents have in their child's life. It seems so obvious, but there were some really good (and not so obvious points) as well. Children view the character of God through the actions of their parents. If I tell my child every day that I love them, but my actions don't show it - what message will they take away? If asked, they may say "Yes, my mother loves me." But if asked if they feel loved, the answer will be "No." I want my child to know through my thoughts and actions how much they are loved. Another key concept for me was the importance of a "God-filled normal life." I am definitely imperfect and have a lot of work to do in my personal relationship with God. Still, I hope to be a role model, teaching our child to talk (and listen) to God freely and easily, praying, asking for guidance, wisdom, sharing joys and sorrows, thanking Him for his many blessings. I want it to be a natural part of their life.



Had dinner with Jeanne, Ken, and Tasha last night - it's been too long! We used to get together on a weekly basis, but schedules (mostly mine) have made it challenging. It was wonderful to just sit and catch up. It was also a reminder to me of the importance of making time for friends - and especially Tasha. She is a beautiful young woman and I am very fortunate to be part of her life!



Ok, now on just a cute note... as you may or may not know, I love those croc shoes. I even have a pair of Vikes crocs. Last week at work, we had a Toys for Tots fundraiser. I just had to pick up a couple pairs of these baby crocs - aren't they adorable??? Now, if we are blessed with a boy - I will have to come up with another plan for them, but in the meantime... I will just enjoy looking at these cute things!

Ooops - one last thought for the evening. GO VIKES!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a delight to stop by today. Such an encouragement to read your posts and be splashed in God's goodness as we continue on the road to our first adoption.

    Splashing for His glory,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill