Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Vacation

If you pay any attention to the dates on my post, you may notice that this showed up on 9/15, but is actually dated 9/10. That's because I'm trying to get caught up on the blog while keeping things in chronological order so I am back-dating some posts as I go along. Bear with me, I think I will catch up one of these days - lol!

With as busy as our summer has been, we had been able to travel to Canada (Mark's parents spend summers there). Weren't sure we were going to make it this year since the kids would be starting school right after Labor Day. But since I had a little bit of vacation time left, we decided we would go for a long weekend. I did not realize how much I needed that time away until we arrived. It was wonderful to get away and just relax. Nothing that HAD to be done, no laundry, no errands, just quality family time. I returned to work one week after we got home with Matthew so this is really our first opportunity to spend some time together now that the initial adjustment is over. What a blessing it was! The kids loved spending time with Nana and Papa as you will see in the pictures below. After we returned home, I still had several more days off so was able to see Maia go to school on her first day and spend a little 1:1 time with Matthew. God knew how important it was for me to be able to do those things. I feel like I missed out on a lot by having to return to work so soon. Anyway... enjoy the pics!!

Maia wasn't too sure of sitting down by the water at first, but soon decided it was a fun place to be.


Matthew hanging out.


I snapped this precious photo at just the right time. Don't they look precious? Maia had fallen down and Matthew was helping her up. Within a few seconds of this picture, they were pushing and shoving each other. Yep, typical siblings - lol!


does the paddle boat work?


Playing the organ with Papa


Helping pick up branches, it sure is fun to push the wheelbarrow around!


Making a birdhouse with daddy.


Love that face!!


Driving the boat with Papa was THE BEST!!


First ever smores. Matthew thought they were great. Maia wasn't too impressed so she shared hers with Matthew.

Thanks Nana and Papa for a wonderful time and the opportunity to relax and rejuvenate!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Matthew looks like he is fitting in nicely with your family!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill