Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

This Morning

I sat on a rock on a little island on Lake of the Woods Ontario and watched the sun rise. I'm sure I am not the first person to make this analogy nor will I be the last. But, I was reminded the similarities between a sunrise and God's presence in our lives.
I didn't get outside in time to see the beginning of the sunrise. When I sat down, the sun was already lighting up the horizon. The trees were a dark silhouette in the distance. The contrast between the light and the darkness made the little branches and details of the trees significant. As I was admiring the beauty of the scene, I thought about the parallels to my "human-ness." I am so imperfect. There are shadows and areas where God's light doesn't shine in my life.
But, He invades those shadows, He comes into the deep, dark recesses of my soul. He shines where a person can not even imagine that He would reach. And as the sun rose slowly above the trees, it turned white (yes, white) - a bright, pure, intense, perfect light - so symbolic of God and also Christ's perfection. If we allow him to, God will shine that brilliance through us. He can rid us of the shadows, the pain, the despair, the failings that darken our lives. He makes each day a new opportunity, a new chance to live for Him.
Those few moments spent with God, sharing the beauty of nature in the sunrise He created were soothing to my soul. I was (am) thankful for His presence in my life. And I am thankful to my wonderful in-laws for providing the setting as well as my sweet hubby who watched the kids so I could enjoy those moments of peace and solitude.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post!!! (((HUG))) We are in Emily (MN)right now on lake Mary till 10/8 (5 weeks) and I have been feeling the same way watching the sun set, the harvest moon, the sun rise, the gentle rain, the stars. God is amazing!
    The Archers from St Cloud

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill