Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I know... I've really been a slacker lately. It's not for lack of things to blog about, it's for lack of time. Perhaps this weekend, I'll be able to post a few pics of our girl and summarize where we are at. But for now... I'll just share a couple things I am thankful for.

- This Saturday, we will be sharing the story of our adoption journey at my friend Del's church (Anyone can attend - if you want more info, just email me). Planning for this talk required me to go back over our blog looking at time lines and remembering details. Although I "know," I sometimes forget how evident God's hand was each step of the way. He is faithful!!
- My mom had dinner with us tonight. It was nice to spend a little time with her and visit. My sweet hubby took care of Maia after we ate so that mom and I could chat.
- Maia continues to do well. We've counted about 25 words that she says now. Given that her Russian speech was limited to about 10 words, she has made great progress!!
- Now, I'm thankful that I have a few minutes to go spend with the my wonderful guy - he is really the best!!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading you positive posts, and am amazed at how Mia is blossoming in your care. Have a wonderful weekend and find some time to rest.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill