Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's been a little while since I have posted a Thankful Thursday. Today, a couple of important things come to mind.

- God answers prayers!! On Feb. 19, Mark and I are speaking about our adoption journey at my friend Del's church. This morning, I was looking back at our blog to get some specific references to include in our talk. I came across this post which truly speaks to how faithful our God is. At that time, I was pretty sure that if we adopted an "older child," it would be a boy. I will have to get a picture of Maia in the tutu very soon!

- Following God's calling. I will be honest... when I first got the email about Maia and shared her information with Mark, I was not sure she was our child. I prayed and prayed, asked friends/family to pray, prayed some more, but still wasn't sure. Mark was and I decided that I had to trust in his decision. So we started the journey and I continued to pray, asking God that if there was any reason we weren't supposed to adopt Anastasia (Maia), that He would just stop the process. But, that we would continue as if she were ours until He told us she wasn't. I look at this precious face and think about how much we would be missing out on if we hadn't listened to God's whispers calling us to be Maia's parents. I thank God that He cleared out path every step of the way to bring our beautiful daughter home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill