Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday

More than anything today, I am thankful that tomorrow our home study agency social worker Judy will be coming to our home for a visit. I really had hoped that Becky (our domestic social worker) would be able to update our home study for international adoption - she has been so awesome to work with! But, there is a reason that God sent Judy to us as well. As soon as I got her information on Tuesday, I emailed her to set up our appointment. She responded Wednesday AM and said she could meet with us this Friday. As I shared, there is an urgency to get our paperwork completed as quickly as possible. So, it means a great deal that Judy is willing to spend Friday of a holiday weekend with us!

Of course, that brings us just a little closer in our adoption plans. I wish I could share with you all that is in our hearts right now. Not only is there urgency with our process, there is purpose. I think that some day, I  may need to take the time to sit down and write about our adoption story. Our journey has been more than a full circle - it has been a circle and a half. From the time we started talking about adoption, our path has turned 180 degrees three times. And here we are - eager to be taking the path we are currently on. Excited about the chance to bring home a little one from Eastern Europe. Knowing that God has our child(ren) in the palm of His hand right now - that He is caring for him/her/them until we can get there ourselves. I am thankful to be on this journey!

Some bloggy friends are in Ukraine right now, hoping to bring home 4 precious kiddos. Their trip has been difficult to say the least, but they got good news today and are now waiting for their court date to make their adoptions official. I'm so happy for them!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill