Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"Awww" moment

On Sunday, Matthew was helping me pack some things in the family room. Each of the kids has a matroyshka nesting doll which we bought for them in Ukraine. Matthew's is a Christmas nativity set, similar to this.
 
Image detail for -Nativity Matryoshka Nesting Doll


I asked him to bring me his matroyshkas and we carefully took them apart, looking at each one. Matthew then put them back together as I explained how Mark and I had chose this specifically for him so that when he was older, he would have that as a remembrance of where he was born. Matthew was quiet for a few minutes and then he came to me, put his arms around me and said, Mom... I love you SO much!!" He repeated this two more times. Not sure what was going on in his head and he wasn't able to tell me, but I reassured him that we never wanted him to forget about Ukraine because that was a very important place in his life story. Sometimes, I would like to be able to crawl inside that brain and get a glimpse of what his thoughts are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill