Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Just a quick post this morning to share my gratitude...

  • First, I am thankful for all of the words of encouragement that I received in response to my last post. Your comments and support are such a blessing to me as I navigate this new life that we've embarked on.
  • Second, Maia's new thing is "nap" time. No... not a sleep nap - lol! Maia's nap is to crawl up on our bed with daddy (and me if I'm home). It's mostly wiggle around time, but she will ocasionally stop for a moment and snuggle in. It doesn't last long, but is very precious just the same. God is opening her heart and I love those sweet moments with her and daddy!
  • God's reminders...some of you know that there is a situation that is weighing very heavily on my heart right now. And as I have shared before, one of the areas where I really struggle is control. I want to take control of this situation and make it what I want it to be. This morning, my devotional verse was from Psalm 23:8 "The Lord says, 'I will guide you along the best pathway for you life. I will advise you and watch over you.'" How's that for a reminder that He is in control - not me! God knows what is best. He knows the desires of my heart and I believe that He honors them. I also trust that He wants the best possible outcome with this even if it is not what I have in mind. So, I am thankful for the words He speaks to me and the reminders He gives me - that His plan is perfect!

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for comfort for this situation heavy on your heart. I'll pray for peace and wisdom too.

    And LOVE those snuggle/wiggle times!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill