Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just a couple random thoughts

The first is purely selfish. This afternoon, Mark and I went to the gym. We took Maia to the kids' care center and she gladly headed in to the play area. However, she soon realized that we were leaving and started to cry. While it did not make my heart happy that she was upset (I actually wanted to walk back in and get her), it was a positive sign in the attachment process. This is the first time that has happened. Now admittedly, I am usually leaving her with daddy. But, this is the third time we have taken her to kids' care and the first time she has cried. So... yes, I do take a little selfish pleasure in that. ;-)

I've mentioned before that Maia loves her nana and papa. After we finished working out and were in the car, I turned around and asked Maia if she wanted to go home. She said, "NO" so I asked where she wanted to go. Smart girl said, "Nana, Papa, Dom (Russian for house)." I asked her if she wanted to go to "Maia's dom?" Nope - "Nana, Papa." That was pretty cute!

I may write more on this subject on another day (being transparent), but for now I will just leave it at this. Every day, I fall a little more in love with this sweet girl of ours! She is beautiful!

Oh... before I forget. Eye surgery has been changed to April 4 due to my work schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill