Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I have been a slacker lately... it's been a while since I have made a Thankful Thursday post. It isn't that I am not thankful - I just haven't thought about blogging specific to that. But, today it is on my mind and I am feeling thankful for so much. Here are a few of them:

#1 A Family for Julia - Last month I posted a video about Ukraine orphanages and asked if you would be willing to help Julia find a family. I am ecstatic to report that fundraising efforts on her behalf raised over $20,000! Isn't that amazing? God is moving mountains for his precious little girl. And not only that... she now has a family committed to bringing her home as quickly as possible. You can read about them here.

#2 Getting closer - The SDA only accepts dossier submissions on Thursdays. Although ours was not submitted today, we are anticipating that it will be submitted next week. We are hoping that we will be able to travel 4-6 weeks after that so it is possible that we will have our little one by Christmas!!

#3 Beautiful weather - Truly, it has been gorgeous this week. I love fall! The domestic goddess in me was in full force on Tuesday. I made applesauce and cooked/froze pumpkin. The kitchen was a disaster, but it will be worth it later this winter!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Melanie,

    I just read your comment on Linny's blog and just wanted to let you know that I am praying that you would indeed get your little one by Christmas! I am so excited for you that your dossier is in Ukraine!

    Are you an Reece's Rainbow Family?

    James and I are going to be adopting Berkely. Crazy enough, we found her through Linny's blog, when some crazy-Jesus lady after reading my comments, left a comment on my blog asking us to please seek God's face as to whether or not Yulia (or Julia) was to be our child! (she linked it to Adeye's blog post). Julia, wasn't to be our child, but she did lead us to RR and to Berkeley!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill