Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First part of the journey

I got the last of our dossier documents apostilled yesterday and put them in the mail. They were scheduled to arrive before noon in California at About A Child. Victoria (agency director) will review them. If all looks good, they will be given to a family who is leaving for Ukraine on Monday. This family will hand deliver our dossier! 
It was a little scary handing the package over to the guy at the post office. I wanted to tell him that it needed to be handled as if it is a priceless treasure. I guess in my mind, it really is. These are the documents that the Ukraine government will use to determine if we are "worthy" to bring home one of their priceless treasures. Obviously, it's much more complicated than that... but it is the first impression they will have of Mark and I. I'm excited about the dossier being delivered by a family who is traveling there instead of us just mailing it. Makes it a little more personal, I suppose.
Once it arrives in Ukraine, it will have to be translated. Then, it will be submitted to the SDA (children's authority) and we will wait impatiently for our appointment. I have been thinking about Christmas... should I get all my presents bought now just in case we are gone closer to the holidays? So many things to consider. But, the dossier has begun it's journey. Pray that it all looks ok and Victoria gives it a final stamp of approval!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow how exciting! I remember how scared I was to let those papers with the beautiful seal on them out of my hands. I amde the PO promise me they would take good care of them.

    I can't wait until you get a travel date. I say shop now!!! It will also keep you busy and help keep your mind off of things a little.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill