Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vacation and Control

It's so nice being on vacation! We've caught some walleye to bring home, relaxed, and been able to just unwind. Spending time with Mark's mom and dad is precious as well. Haven't taken any pictures - not a big deal since I wouldn't be able to upload them here anyway.

I'm trying hard to let go and remember that I am not in control. At the same time, our journey is also weighing on my mind. I'm wondering if our fingerprinting appointment is sitting in the mailbox at home. We've sent some emails to individuals who might be able to help get our I-600A application expedited. And truly, there probably is not much more I could be doing if I was in the states. But... my need to be in control and "know" what's going on is making it difficult.

I am reminding myself that God gave us this time away for a reason. And I'm pretty sure that it was not for me to spend it worrying and stressing. So, I will distract myself with other things (or at least attempt to) and be thankful for the beauty that surrounds me. It truly is gorgeous here and even though the weather is chilly, I love cuddling up in a cozy sweatshirt and watching nature. Life will catch up with us soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill