Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, September 20, 2010

The REALLY good news

That sweet hubby of mine didn't share the best news of the weekend! But, that's ok because I really wanted to share it myself.

We are approved! We received an email on Saturday from our caseworker at USCIS saying that our application had been approved and was being sent to for consular processing. In the meantime, there are a few documents that have to be re-done and I am working on those. I am hoping that our I-171H (approval to bring a child into the country) will be here by the end of the week. If so, I'll get the last of the documents apostilled next Tuesday and be able to get the dossier on it's way by the end of the month.

I want to be very clear... there is NO doubt in my mind that God moved mountains on our behalf. Last Thursday, I read a post on a blog I follow that spoke volumes to me. God cares about the smallest details of our lives. And if He cares about little things, He definitely cares about big things!! I clearly heard the message, "I go before you in this adoption. I am in control. I am working behind the scenes in ways you can't even imagine." One of the items that we need to get re-done is employment verification letters (we completed them too soon and they don't reflect September's income). I hadn't been in too much of a hurry because I was expecting our immigration approval to take several weeks - even though I was praying for a miracle turn-around time. On Friday, I clearly heard God telling me, "Melanie... trust me enough to ask for those employment verification letters TODAY. You won't have to re-do them again."  Well.. I got busy at work and didn't follow up. So, when Saturday's email came - I was really kicking myself. It was a perfect reminder that when you hear that voice, listen to what God is telling you!! He is all-powerful and amazing! And His plan for our adoption is perfect. I am in awe at His faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill