Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, October 28, 2013

Ah, those precious moments!

This morning, I was having my quiet time before starting the day. I had finished reading my devotions and was writing in my prayer journal when Matthew came in. He was carrying the daily devotions book that we read at bedtime. Matthew asked if I would read a devotion to him and when I said "yes," asked if he could choose the "story." It was about being happy and trusting God even when bad things happen. When we were finished, Matthew commented about a drawing of a little boy who looked like someone in his class. This other little boy is not very nice to Matthew. So, I used the story I had just read to talk about God wanting us to be kind to others even if they are mean to us. We talked about how hard that is, but that it was the right thing to do. My sweet boy was so quiet and serious as we had that discussion. At the end, he said, "yes, mom it is hard. But, I will try." Oh, I tear up just thinking about it. My son has had so many "bad" things happen in his life. :-( but today, I had hope that perhaps we (with God's help) are starting to make a difference in that heart that has been so hurt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill