Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, May 3, 2013

Thankful Friday

I'm a few hours late and I guess I could backdate, but I think it will just be a thankful Friday instead :-)

- First, I am very thankful for God's protection. Miss Maia took a tumble down the stairs Wednesday night and other than the scrape on her nose and forehead (which can't seem to catch a break lately), she is ok.
- thankful for an unexpected snow day yesterday. It's only the second one I've had in over 16 years. But, what a treat to stay home and enjoy the extra time with my family. Worked by phone and computer and was just lazy in general.
- thankful for God's blessings! I've been looking for a dining room table for our new house (we don't currently have a dining room), but what I wanted seemed out of reach price wise. He provided almost exactly what I wanted (only the stain is a bit different) at a fair price. Now, I will be praying for four more chairs and a hutch!
- very thankful for a reminder this morning that successful mothers are not the ones who seem to have it all together (something I never will manage), but the ones who don't give up. It's easy (for me) to get bogged down in guilt about all my moments of parenting failure, anxiety for what the future holds, and feelings of inadequacy when I see the "super-moms" around me. But, I will keep my eyes focused on the perfect parent (my Heavenly Father) and His guidance as I raise my previous kiddos.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story....
    In our prayers.....


    takeourhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill