Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Many things come to mind this evening...
- First, I am thankful for blogs out there that I occasionally happen upon by "chance," that speak so personally to me. God reminds me of His ability to touch my heart in many ways.
- Recently, I blogged about a little girl named Susanna who needed a forever family. It is with great joy that I share her family has been found. They share an amazing story on their blog of coming to Susanna and her soon to be brother "Will." If you have time, I encourage you to check it out http://theroadtopeacefield.blogspot.com/2013/03/here-i-am-year-after-my-last-post.html
- Susanna's dad shared something that I needed to hear today and I am thankful for that. I think I have blogged about this before, too. Anyway, he said that God doesn't always give us what we want, but He does give us what we need. So true and how often I forget.
- It's exciting to share that we will be moving in a couple of months. We have found a small acreage about 5 miles from here that will provide space for Matthew to explore and burn off energy (which was our #1 priority), keep the kids in our current school district ( #2 priority), give Maia a bedroom on the same level as ours (#3 priority was to have a main floor bedroom for her so this is almost as good), be in a location that would not add any time to my commute or require changing churches (we LOVE our church family and these were other important criteria for our new home). So even though it is not my dream house (yes, we found that too but it wasn't in our school district), God has provided what we need and I am thankful for that! And on a cool note? We know the current owners (had no idea it was their house when we went to look at it). They are godly people and I can just feel that peace in the house.
Finally tonight, I am thankful for the promise of eternal life that comes with this Easter Sunday and pray that you find joy in this as well!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finding your new home. It is so good to hear you are having positive events in your life right now. The acreage is wonderful for Matthew.....every active little boy's dream. Sounds like it meets your other needs as well. Like I said before, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill