Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thank you Jane and prayer request for Wednesday

First, I want to say thank you to one of our blog followers, Jane! Your comment about my last post was so appreciated. Many days, I feel pretty alone in the parenting thing. Most of our friends are long past the toddler stage with their kids and between work and family, I just don't have much time to make new connections with other moms for support and encouragement. Jane, thank you for sharing your day with me and reminding me that I'm not the only one who has days like that.

Next, we just ask for your prayers for Matthew on Wednesday. He will be having eye surgery. We hadn't anticipated this since he'd already had corrective surgery in Ukraine back in January. Although you wouldn't suspect anything if you look at Matthew, he does have some difficulty when he looks up/sideways or down. So, we report to the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:30am. Given how traumatized he was last time we were there, I don't anticipate that he will be happy when he sees where we are going. Please pray for peace for our little guy as well as compassion for all those caring for him, wisdom and discernment for the doctors. And would you include a little prayer for mom's peace as well? :-)  Maia will be spending the day with Nana and Papa and she's looking forward to that!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Melanie...you made my day! I am so thankful you welcomed me humaness into your own! Mothering is HARD!

    Prayers your way for Matthew's surgery. You all are just amazing and while I know you are just living the lives you are living, I think the love you show Maia and Matthew is just astounding!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill