Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, December 16, 2011

Cookie Monsters

Last week, I had baked some molasses cookies and they were on a cooling rack on the kitchen table. I left the kids with Mark while I ran an errand. Was gone maybe 30 minutes. Entered the house to find two smiling kids waiting for me at the top of the stairs - cookie crumbs all over their faces. Dad was on the phone in the living room. I asked the kids "Did you eat some cookies?" All innocence, they shook their heads "no." Mark hung up the phone and went into the kitchen (I was still in the entry). He asked, "How many cookies were on the table?" I answered "At least a dozen - how many are there now?" Any guesses what the answer was?





ZERO!




Yep, the kids had been busy. We did find three half-eaten cookies hidden in a toy car. There were some very sugared up kids that evening. They could hardly sit still to eat dinner. And all that molasses? Dad enjoyed the laxative effects the following day. :-)

2 comments:

  1. How precious!! I bet they looked so cute when you came in!! Love this story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too funny! Love it! :-) Esp the next day part! LOL

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill