Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Every now and then...

God reminds me.

He speaks softly and gently reminding me of the first time that I saw Matthew (remember my first blog post about him?), how he touched my heart immediately.


He reminds me of the prayers I sent heavenward for that sweet boy, while we were in Ukraine and after we returned home.

He reminds me of the tears that I cried leaving the orphanage with Maia and wishing that I could bring Matthew with us.

He reminds me of the tears I cried in the first few months back home, feeling that I had left a part of my heart in Sevastopol.

He reminds me of the miracles that He worked to bring our son home, that He softened Mark's heart and filled it with willingness to add another child to our family (I was so happy to be sharing that post with you!).

God reminds me that this was His plan since the beginning of time, that He is the creator of families and He most certainly is the reason for our family (Remember this post?).

Then I forget the difficult moments and remember...

And I am humbled at His goodness in allowing me to parent these beautiful children of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Melanie! Maia and Matthew are such treasures and blessings! Thank you, God, for bringing them home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!! It seems like you all have been a family all along! We can just feel the love through the pictures!! Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill