Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, August 22, 2011

Prayers for Matthew

Please pray for our little guy tomorrow. We will be reporting to the hospital at 8:15am for his surgery. I know that Matthew is in God's hands and I trust the urologist who will be operating. But, my heart still aches for what he will go through. Specifically, would you pray for the following?
  • Peace and protection for Matthew - he will not fully understand what is happening because of the language barrier. Pray that God will speak to his heart and soothe him in ways that we cannot.
  • Wisdom, knowledge, empathy, and God's guidance for the hands that are caring for our boy. That God chooses each person to be in the pre-anesthesia unit, OR, and PACU perfectly to meet any needs that Matthew has.
  • Of course rapid, uneventful recovery for Matthew.
  • And peace for Mark and me - well, mostly me - lol! Somehow, this seems like a bigger deal than Maia's eye surgery and I'm feeling a little anxious. I have to go back to work on Wednesday and I know Mark will take wonderful care of Matthew, but it's not the same as me being home with him.
We'll try to update as the day goes along.

2 comments:

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill