Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, May 6, 2011

Once again... humbled

Tonight as I sat outside Maia's room waiting for her to fall asleep, I was moved to tears. Friends and family have donated so generously to the silent auction fundraiser that our church is going to be hosting for us. It has been difficult to ask people to help. Mark and I are used to being the ones who are helping others. I don't say that to make us look good. I just say that because we prefer to be on the giving end... it's difficult to receive. A friend reminded me the other night to think about how I feel when I am able to give to others. Then, she told me to allow others to feel that way by helping us out. So... God is teaching me, humbling me, and showing me again how He loves to bless us. And I am so thankful for the outpouring of love, support, and encouragement that we have received as we travel this journey to bring our son home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill