Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Tears - God is so good!

I hadn't looked at our Family Sponsorship page (or our blog for that matter) over the weekend because of computer problems. This morning, I arrived at work and pulled up the page before beginning my day. I am absolutely speechless, humbled, and praising God! Our family sponsorship is up to $965!!!!! Money that will go directly to the costs of bringing our son home.
Words can not express the gratitude that Mark and I feel to those of you who have contributed. Thank you from the depths of our hearts! And thanks to God for His provision!

I'll add just a quick update regarding our dossier status as well. The process is that our facilitator needs to submit an official "request for information" to the SDA. This is a letter which specifically mentions the child we hope to adopt and asks them to determine if he is truly available. It takes about a week for this request to be processed. Our dossier can not be submitted until after this clearance is obtained. So... our request for information letter was sent a couple weeks ahead of our dossier. Unfortunately, it was in a package with another family's dossier that was lost by the delivery company. We sent another request letter with our dossier just to be on the safe side. The lost package arrived the same day as our dossier did. What does this mean? Well, our request for information letter will be submitted this week. If all goes well, our dossier will then be submitted on May 12. I had hoped that we would be submitted this Thursday (that's the only day of the week that dossiers are accepted), but it is not going to happen. I'm discouraged about this, but trusting that God is in control. None of this is a surprise to Him. And I am sustained by an image given to me by one of my bloggy friends Rett (who I really hope to meet one day soon!). She reminded me that God was "camping out with Matthew" during this waiting period. What a great picture of God and our little guy hanging out. Thank you Rett!

Please pray that our request for information letter is submitted as planned, that Matthew receives official clearance as being eligible for international adoption, and that no changes occur within the country that would prevent our dossier from being submitted on May 12.

And again, thank you to everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and giving hearts!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I can't imagine a package being lost, esp one with a whole dossier in it. Glad it finally got there. Isn't it amazing that we might be submitted on the same day?!?! I mean, really...only God! :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill