Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fun Saturday and prayer request

I've probably shared this before... I love bargain shopping! This morning, I met my mom at my favorite consignment store - they were having a bag sale with proceeds going towards breast cancer research. All the clothes you can stuff in a bag for $20. My kind of deal!!  So... how did I do?  Here's the list:
  • 3 pairs of pants (one Liz Claiborne)
  • 1 pair bib overalls
  • 1 pair Tommy Hilfiger capris
  • 2 sweaters (one Halloween)
  • 1 turtleneck
  • 1 denim hoodie type top
  • 3 jackets
  • 1 skirt
With this sale, you don't have the ability to try things on so you have to take a chance on fit. EVERYTHING I bought fit perfectly! $1.58/item - LOVE IT!!
Then, mom and I had lunch and visited. My sweet hubby watched Maia while I was gone which was very nice!

This evening, we went out for dinner with a couple who is adopting a little boy from Ukraine. It was fun to visit with them and hear their story. They had been working with the same domestic adoption agency that we had used, but met their son through a hosting program and knew they needed to bring him home. We met at our favorite restaurant - Famous Dave's. Maia is becoming quite familiar with it - lol! She started pointing to the building as soon as we turned the corner onto the street it is located. And as soon as she heard the music playing as we walked in, she started "dancing." Maia really did great while we visited (I think it helped that she had a good nap this afternoon), she was patient for about 2 hours!

I do have one prayer request this evening. If you have followed our blog since we began the process to bring Maia home, you will know what a roller coaster ride it is to adopt - especially from Ukraine. The process is very uncertain and things can change at a moment's notice. Tonight, we found out that the Ukraine president has signed a bill which switches authority for processing dossiers from the SDA to the Ministry of Social Affairs. We have no idea what this means. There is the potential that they will temporarily suspend acceptance and processing of dossiers while making this transition. We are a little ways from being ready to submit our dossier again, but please pray that the change will be seamless and that it will have no impact on our adoption or any others that are currently in process.
I'm less stressed (so far) than I was last year when we experienced similar circumstances. I think because we've already lived this once. I trust that God is in control and He knows the outcome. He wants our little boy to be home as soon as possible and His timing is perfect. Now, having said that - I'm feeling very antsy today! I want to be in Ukraine right now, holding Matthew and loving on him - reassuring him that he now has a forever family! Soon sweet boy, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill