Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday! Have you given any thought to what you are thankful for today? Take a few moments to consider this - surprise me with a post!! Today, my thankful list includes:

1. Fall - This is my absolute favorite time of year. To me, fall is all about home and family. I don't quite know why or how to explain it, but there is just a cozy feeling that I associate with fall. I love being able to sleep with the windows open and lots of covers on, get out my favorite sweatshirts, fuzzy socks. It's a great food time, too - squash, pumpkin, apples - all sorts of yummy comfort food. Halloween is probably my favorite holiday (note new blog design - lol) - it is so much fun to greet the trick-or-treaters! I can't wait to enjoy Halloween with our child. The changing colors are beautiful and I just love to be outside - so yep, I am thankful for fall.

2. Flip-flops - Ok, I know that sounds silly since I just said I was thankful for fall and flip-flop weather is coming to an end. Maybe saying I am thankful for bare feet is more appropriate. Taking off my shoes as soon as I walk in the house is always a treat. I like feeling the floor on my bare feet, wiggling my toes, and showing off a cute new pedicure.

3. F*cebook - Now you are really wondering about me, right? Why am I thankful for a networking site? Well, my cousin Katie lives in North Dakota and we don't see each other very often. It's probably been 2 years since I saw Katie and her family. We recently became "friends" on FB and last night, who should pop up with an instant message, but Katie. We chatted for a while and it was great to catch up with her. She is a beautiful, faith-filled woman who inspires me and I am thankful that FB has allowed us to be a little more connected.

4. I'm thankful for the opportunity to share Thankful Thursday with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill