Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Can you believe I'm actually on schedule today? My thankful list really focuses on our agency and the adoption process.

#1 - I am thankful for the group panel discussion that I was able to attend on Tuesday night. Our social worker hosted this meeting and had several people who have had unique adoption experiences talk. It was neat to hear their stories as well as be reassured that they have went through similar things as they waited to adopt.

#2 - Birth parents!! We finally have our "dear birth mom" letter finished and I will post it here very soon. As Mark and I worked on this, I thought about the selflessness that is demonstrated by birth moms. Putting their child's life and needs above all else is such a gift of love. I can only imagine what these women must experience as they consider all of their options and try to make the best choice. I hope that I will somehow be able to convey to our child's birth parents how much their decision means to Mark and me.

#3 - Social workers - As I've mentioned before, our social worker is terrific! I also want to mention the social workers who advocate for the birth parents. In listening to the adoptive families talk about their experiences, I realize how important it is for that birth mom (and perhaps dad) to have someone who will really help them make the right decision (whether it is adoption or raising the child themselves).

#4 - Last weekend, I got to spend a little time with Tasha - who is our "adopted niece" - the daughter of close friends Jeanne and Ken. She's been away most of the summer and I've missed seeing her. I am thankful that Tasha is a very special part of my life. She is a beautiful young woman!!

1 comment:

  1. A birth mother that chooses life is a very, very special person! I can't even begin to imagine how hard this process is for them.

    Oh and a good social worker is a WONDERFUL thing to have and you should be very thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill