Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Since I have been such a "slacker" this last couple weeks, figured I better get something posted for Thankful Thursday this week - don't want to give anyone the impression that I have nothing to be thankful for - lol!

#1 - Long phone conversations with old friends (no, I am NOT insinuating that my friends are old, just that my friendship with each of them is long standing)- This week, I was able to catch up with 2 very special friends that I haven't talked to in a while - Kari and Lynn. I've mentioned Kari before on Fabulous Friend Friday, she and I have known each other for almost 30 years. Lynn and I met over 20 years ago in New York - over that time, we have developed a deep bond and lasting friendship. Time passes so quickly when I am visiting with them. We can gab for hours and it feels like minutes. Catching up on each other's lives was a special gift to me this week!

#2 - Our home - One of these days, I will have to post some pictures of our house. Mark lost his house in a garage fire and was in the process of rebuilding when we met. So, I was able to move into a new home. It's a small comfortable house, we have a wonderful family room as well as a master bedroom with great walk-in closet (which will hopefully find a crib and changing table in it one of these days). I think one of the best things about our place is how comforting and relaxing it is to come home to at the end of the day.

#3 - Precious children waiting for adoption - And of course, those who make adoption possible. Mark and I are looking forward to finding the child that is waiting for us. God knows where our child is and I trust that He will show us when His timing is right. Recently, my friend Sarah posted a link on her blog to a story of God's wonderful faithfulness and a family who is returning that faithfulness to Him by "passing it forward." Click here to read more, I hope that you will be as touched by it as I was.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill