Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A little late

I meant to get a combination Thankful Thursday/Fabulous Friend Friday posted one of those days, but I'm late so here it is. After my first year of college, I decided to take a year off and moved to New York to work as a nanny. The first friend I made there was another nanny from Utah, Josette. My best friend Kari came to New York also and the 3 of us hung out together frequently. Josette and I kept in touch for a while after we both left New York, but over the years we had lost contact. I last saw her very briefly as I was passing through Salt Lake City on a trip to California in 2004. Well, my phone rang last weekend and it was Josette asking if we could get together while she was here in Minnesota!! I immediately called Kari (who had also lost touch with Josette) and we arranged to meet for dinner on Thursday evening. Here's a picture of the 3 of us. Wish I had a then/now comparison... well, wait - maybe I don't! LOL! Anyway... getting together with old friends is always a special gift and something to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill